Monday, July 30, 2012
Saturday, July 28, 2012
Friday, July 27, 2012
Who will stand up for Capitalism is the question. We've abandoned our schools to the Keynesians and Marxists. Their policies are in use as we speak.
Dick Morris had a good take: he was saying the problem was not "recession" but "debt Implosion". Levels of debt is scaring everyone, causing banks to get liquid, businesses to hoard cash, and households to pay off debt and build savings. He quoted that Trillions are on the sidelines.
Yet Obama and Bernanke think it's just a "recession" that needs "demand stimulus" so they want to borrow and government spend even more. Problem is, it's exactly the wrong thing to do! It isn't that there's a lack of cash in the system: it is a lack of confidence! And when the morons in Washington run the debt even higher, it makes things worse!
Obama's proposal to "revive the economy" by hiring hundreds of thousands of teachers and firefighters is appalling! His absolute ignorance of how an economy works has been totally confirmed! Government jobs require constant bleeding of the more productive private sector and would actually cause the economy to contract!
In my opinion, all that a QEIII will do is drive the price of gold to $2500 at least.
Tuesday, July 24, 2012
In the large scheme of things, 12 KIA and 36 wounded is not significant, considering that the Salafist AQ in Iraq killed over a hundred people that same day in Iraq: or the 19,000 killed in the ongoing Salafist Syrian Civil War! It's just that we as Americans aren't used to such mayhem in our own back yard! This will change!
As we have turned our backs on, and conceded victory to, the violent Jihadists in the Middle East, they will be emboldened to bring their offensive Jihad against the unbelievers in their own land, the "Dar al-Harb" United States. Sooner rather than later, the Aurora-style attacks will become commonplace. The only difference will be that the Salafist-apologist Media will continually spin the violence as the fault of the American people for "oppressing Muslims", (which is, by definition, not immediately turning our government over to them!)
Sunday, July 22, 2012
· Dozens of existing Federal, State, and local gun laws were broken by the shooter in Aurora, and not one of them saved a life. Why would adding a few more make any difference, except giving politicians a photo op saying "we're doing something about gun violence"?
· Even the theatre's prohibition of firearms on the premises only served to assure a "shooter safe zone".
· Many of the booby trap devices the perpetrator rigged in his apartment were manufactured out of common household items: would Mr. Morgan ban these as well? Mr. Morgan should note that the al Qaeda Magazine "Inspire", published quarterly on the internet, has instructions on how to make pipe bombs out of common plumbing items, match heads, wrist watches, batteries and Christmas tree lights.
· The shooter appeared to be living in a warped violent Batman scenario. Does this not mean that the violence depicted in the film is just as much to blame for the mayhem (if not more so) as is the hardware? Why not call for the banning of violence in films as well? Yet Mr. Morgan is silent about that! And this doesn't even mention the catastrophic effect on our society of teen pregnancies and sexually transmitted diseases, encouraged by the media's preoccupation with sex! But Mr. Morgan is silent about that as well!
· The shooting was timed conveniently to coincide with the State Department's July 27th signing of the UN Small Arms Treaty: is there a hidden agenda here? The Progressives have long wanted to abrogate our Constitutional Second Amendment.
A better solution:
Keep all the firearms bans in place for what they're worth, but EXEMPT holders of legitimate Conceal Carry Permits (CCP's).
· Permit holders are NOT the problem. Anyone willing to submit to a background investigation and have his name put on file is unlikely to have criminal intent in mind.
· Any shooter would know about the exemption, and would more than likely move on to a more "shooter safe zone" where a total gun ban is in effect. Shooter fantasies seldom include determined "return fire"!
· And by the way, it's easy for Faculty Senates and Boards of Directors to invoke a "gun ban". But assuring a gun-free area requires fencing and screening of everyone entering the Campus, office building, or whatever, just like at airports or government facilities. "Oh, but that's too expensive and inconvenient!" they cry. And that's why a mere "gun ban" is worthless! There's nothing to stop a person from walking in with a semi-automatic pistol and a small duffel with 30 loaded magazines! And thus the reason for the CCP Exemption! Otherwise, a ban only serves as one more charge to be added against a perpetrator post-tragedy and post-arrest (if any).
Thursday, July 19, 2012
Thursday, July 12, 2012
My Dear Friends:
The EU Building In Brussels
I was invited to the International Civil Liberties Alliance Conference in Brussels on July 9th, 2012, held in the EU Building in Brussels. Let me explain why the ICLA Conference on Civil Rights is necessary.
The Organization of Islamic Cooperation, the largest and most powerful organization that no one has ever heard of, instituted a 10 year plan to fight “Islamophobia” in the West. In December 2005, an OIC Conference said the following:
“The Conference underlined the need to collectively endeavor to reflect the noble Islamic values, counter Islamophobia, defamation of Islam and its values and desecration of Islamic holy sites, and to effectively coordinate with States as well as regional and international institutions and organizations to urge them to criminalize this phenomenon as a form of racism.  “
Definition of terms is critical here. “Islamophobia” Is a word contrived by British Muslims in the 1980’s. It sounds like “homophobia”, implying that concern for Islam is an irrational bigotry. But when you consider that Islam is a political system that calls for the death or enslavement of non-believers (Q9:5), that brutalizes women (Q4:34), that has killed 270 million people in Jihad and that would roll mankind’s standard of living back to the seventh century, we have a good reason to be concerned about Islam.
Understand that “desecration”, “defamation” or “insult” all fall under the rubric of the Shari’ah definition of “slander”. Slander, in Islam, means saying something about Islam Muslims don’t like, or revealing something about Islam Muslims don’t want revealed. Note that the truth or falsity of what is said is irrelevant.
In Europe today, people have been prosecuted and convicted for merely reading passages from the Qur’an in public! And if you want to talk about desecration of Holy Sites, the headlines today speak of Islamic rebels destroying Holy Sites in Mali!  This is a severe case of “the pot calling the kettle black!”
Thus, unlike in British common law, truth is no defense against Islamic charges of “slander”. If the OIC is successful in imposing the Shari’ah definition of slander in the West, it will criminalize telling the truth about Islam, rendering the West defenseless against the onslaught of Islam in the market place of free ideas. This is what the Brussels Declaration seeks to resist!
At the Conference, held in the EU Parliament building
2012 BRUSSELS DECLARATION
To Safeguard Individual Liberties and Human Rights
International Conference for Free Speech & Human Rights
To Preserve Free Speech, Civil Liberties, Human Rights and Democracy, against all efforts to injure and usurp those universal principles, we call upon leaders in all nations to support this 2012 Brussels Declaration to Safeguard Individual Liberties and Human Rights:
Reasserting that Human rights and liberties are universal, individual, equal, inalienable, and self-evident irrespective of philosophical, cultural or religious considerations, as a matter of long-held principle;
Considering that any honest defender of Democracy has the right and the duty to uphold and defend free speech, civil liberties and human rights;
Affirming the irrefutable fact that sharia law as articulated and applied is incompatible with and destructive to free speech, civil liberties and human rights and as such is incompatible with the fundamental principles of democracy (as stated in the 13 Feb 2003 judgment of the ECHR);
Acknowledging that the declaration known as “Cairo Declaration of Human Right in Islam” also commonly referred to as the “Cairo Declaration” curtails all human rights under sharia law and sharia normative behavior restrictions (CDHRI Articles 22, 23, 24)on the pretense that “All human beings form one family whose members are united by their subordination to Allah”(CDHRI Article 1);
Observing that the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC), being the creator of Cairo Declaration and its current main proponent has, by its continuous and single-minded activity, proven to be the principal international politico-religious organization working to restrict free speech, civil liberties and human rights and to enforce sharia in the world;
Asserting that any official endorsement or promotion of the Cairo Declaration or any cooperation with OIC that leads, by the test of consequences, to more enforcement of sharia anywhere in the world identifies its perpetrator as an active opponent of Democracy, freedom of speech, civil liberties and human rights;
Noting that such an identification renders illegitimate any attempt by the perpetrator to discuss or negotiate matters involving freedom of speech, civil liberties and human rights in any local, national or international forums;
The signatories solemnly require of their governments and civil society:
1) To commence a process, to be known as the Brussels Process, to implement the content of this declaration through education and policy initiatives at all levels of government and sectors of civil society, in order to safeguard the future liberties and rights of our nations and our children, so that all members of the human family may prosper as free individuals.
2) To decline any invitation to participate in any local, national or international forum to discuss civil liberties, free speech or human rights, if the organizers – individual persons or organizations – are known proponents of the Cairo Declaration or societal sharia enforcement unless the negotiated or discussed topic is a transition of their codification and implementation of human rights to the UNDHR definitions and away from the Cairo Declaration definitions.
3) To protest against any kind of participation in a local, national or international meeting dedicated to civil liberties, free speech or human rights’ discussions or negotiations by any known proponents of the Cairo Declaration or societal sharia enforcements, unless they are only attending in an observational capacity or negotiating their entry in the Brussels Process.
4) To initiate a thorough inquiry before any bilateral or multilateral cooperation about civil liberties, free speech or human rights related matters, in order to clearly identify any participants who are proponents for the Cairo Declaration or sharia law, or who have cooperated or collaborated with the OIC or its associated organizations.
5) To reject and forbid any public funding for promotion of the Cairo Declaration or of any sharia societal implementation and enforcement, because such promotions are a direct attack against our most fundamental democratic principles and human rights.
6) To stop any cooperation with all known proponents of the Cairo Declaration at a national or international level, when that cooperation has as its aim or result, a restriction of civil liberties, free speech or human rights in a democratic country, until those proponents repudiate the Cairo Declaration.
7) To extend cooperation and support in all forums to former proponents of the Cairo Declaration who repudiate the suppression by the OIC and sharia law of civil liberties, free speech and human rights, and who assert that human rights and liberties are universal, individual, equal, inalienable, and self-evident irrespective of philosophical, cultural or religious considerations.
8) To engage with civil society and official organizations that work to safeguard individual liberties from suppression by shariah law, especially those located in nations that are signatories of the Cairo Declaration or members of the OIC, to encourage dialogue, education and understanding on individual liberties and human rights, as these terms have been commonly used in Western nations.
 See <http://www.libertiesalliance.org/>
 Final Communique of the Third Extraordinary Session of the Islamic Summit Converence “Meeting the Challenges of the 21st Century, Solidarity in Action”< http://www.oic-oci.org/oicnew/english/conf/is/ex-3/fc-exsumm-en.htm >
 “A Self Study Course on Political Islam Levels 2 & 3” CSPI, LLC 2008 page 2-79
 See “Reliance of the Traveller” Amana Publications, Beltsville MD 1991, §r2.2 and §r3.1
Thursday, July 5, 2012
The Administration announced today a new policy on dealing with wildfires. A spokesperson said today “In spite of the billions spent by the Forest Service we continue to battle blazes in ever increasing number. Obviously, our present system is not working.”
The spokesperson went on to lay out the new policy: “ We have to face the possibility that our policy of maintaining firefighting capability in our forest lands is actually offensive to fires, and provoking them! That our trying to fight fires is actually what’s causing them!”
“We need a new approach” said the spokesperson. “We need more outreach and dialogue with the fires, more mutual understanding. As a goodwill gesture, we are pleased to announce we are withdrawing all Forest Service fire fighting capability from the Western States. We are confident that this will be appreciated by the fires, and they will respond in kind. They will realize they no longer have to burn out of control and cause such damage.”
This new policy was warmly received by the media. “I’m so relieved that we’re finally dealing with the issue of wildfires in a proper manner” said one CNN Reporter. “Now I can buy a cabin in the woods with confidence”.
The President proposes to borrow more money or raise taxes to hire hundreds of thousands of police and firefighters as a way to revive the stalled economy. Such a proposal reveals a catastrophic lack to economic understanding, both by him and his supporters. Public Sector jobs don’t count !
It’s not hard to understand why he and his supporters have proposed this. They see a healthy public sector when the economy is strong. But they mistakenly think that if they pump money into the public sector, the economy will return to prosperity. But it’s putting the cart before the horse!
A healthy PRIVATE SECTOR economy generates the healthy tax revenues to support the Public Sector: not vice versa. To pump money into hiring police and firefighters means draining even more resources out of the more productive private sector that would actually lead to a contraction of the private sector, not its expansion.
It’s not that Republicans “hate police and firemen” as the Democrats will assert when we opposed the President’s proposal . It’s because the President’s proposal is ABSOLUTELY THE WRONG THING TO DO! If the President prevails, the economy WILL NOT REVIVE!
The right thing to do is allow entrepreneurs and private sector business people keep more of their own money to build their businesses! This is what generates a self sustaining demand for goods and services, and real jobs as people are hired to “help out” with the growing business activities.
Government jobs, on the other hand, can only be sustained by a continual hemorrhage of resources from a weakened private sector.
Sadly, allowing people to keep more of their own money to build their businesses is thought of by the Public Sector Marxist-Leninist Progressives as “giving tax breaks to the fat cats!” This means there will be no recovery unless there is a change in management in Washington DC.
Wednesday, July 4, 2012
For the last two generations, America has shouldered the defense burden of Europe. Two consequences have followed:
1. Relieved of the financial strain of Defense, European social democracies have instead spent their money on building Welfare States.
2. The dependence on America has led to rationalizing away its necessity. “Society has evolved beyond war” the intellectuals say. Thus, the Europeans can think “oh, we didn’t need American protection anyway!” and avoid the humiliation they feel.
Presently, America seems less inclined to continue to defend Europe. Islam is threatening Europe with “Civilizational Jihad!” Non-assimilating Muslim immigrants are flooding the continent and turning sections of European cities like Paris, Brussels and Amsterdam into Middle Eastern slums where the Shari’ah rules! The European elites are utterly at a loss on how to deal with it.
So far, their only path has been to cling to their multicultural ideals of moral relevance and cultural equivalency. The elites try to believe with all their heart that society has indeed “evolved beyond war”.
Unfortunately a left wing self-loathing society that has no truth, no right or wrong, and believes in nothing is no match for Militant Islam! A thousand years of culture and hard fought liberty will be swept away by the Qur’anic mandate to “convert or die!”
- ► 2017 (68)
- ► 2016 (83)
- ► 2015 (103)
- ► 2014 (221)
- ► 2013 (99)
- Sodomy for Jihad
- Mitt Romney in Jerusalem
- LAPD Dhimmis: “Shari’ah is not a threat”. ???
- Maxine Waters, Islamic Apologist
- Who Will Stand for Capitalism?
- The United West Channel
- Unwelcome Perspective on the Aurora Shooting
- Aurora Shootings and Piers Morgan calling for more...
- Steve Coughlin on the OIC
- Explanation of Government
- The 2012 Brussels Declaration
- USMC Recovering Makin Island KIA’s, 57 years later...
- Policy Shift on Wildfires
- The President’s Proposal to Revive the Economy
- European Liberty
- Muslim Brotherhood
- Blogging Poster
- ▼ July (17)
- ► 2011 (96)
- ► 2010 (31)